In order to accurately identify and identify trees or wood species, the following three elements must be available: one is to have advanced equipment and tools; the other is to master scientific production and photo technology; the third is to correctly use model wood specimens or authoritative Wood identification tool. These three elements are also called the three steps of wood identification. A brief introduction is now made.
Wood identification skills
1. Try to find out the source of the wood. Whether the specimen is made of domestic or imported materials, domestically produced materials are best clarified from the provinces or regions; the imported materials are best to clarify from any region or country, which can greatly narrow the scope of search.
2. Identify the most important characteristics of wood. In the full description of the macro and micro characteristics of the wood, to find out the most important and most significant features of the specimen. The macroscopic features mainly grasp the type of tube hole, the type of axial thin-walled tissue, the thickness of wood ray, the presence or absence of heartwood and its color. The microscopic features mainly include tube hole combination, inter-catheter pattern, perforation type, catheter content; resin channel and gum road; whether wood ray is stacked, number of ray columns, ray cell shape; axial tracheid or wood Wood structure such as fiber cell wall hole and thread thickening.
Further reading: Tree species and classification of mahogany furniture
The first step has advanced instruments, tools and medicines
Wood cutting equipment and equipment
Slicing equipment: wood slicer, sharpening machine, need to be purchased from professional manufacturers or distribution companies.
1, sampling tools
Wood sampling tools mainly include: saws, chisels, knives, growth cones. Saws are mainly used for sampling of logs, sawn timber and wood-based panels. Growth cones and chisels are mainly used for sampling furniture and crafts.
2, cutting equipment
Wood slicers mainly include: water baths, electric stoves; knives, single-sided blades; petri dishes, dissection needles, tweezers, writing brushes, slides, coverslips, etc.
Wood identification and identification instrument
Biological photomicrography systems, stereo microscopes, hand-held microscopes, magnifiers, need to be purchased from professional manufacturers or distribution companies.
Wood sliced â€‹â€‹medicine
The main products for wood chipping are: alcohol, glycerin, iron sputum, red, clove oil, TO liquid, xylene, neutral gum. Appliances and medicines are available at hardware stores or chemical stores.
The second step is to master the scientific production and photo technology
1. Sampling of logs or sawn timber: When sampling on logs or sawn timber, it is best to take the normal part of the growth wheel from the junction of the sample near the heart and sapwood. The general size is 20mmÃ—20mmÃ—20mm.
2. Sampling of furniture or wood crafts: Since furniture or wooden handicrafts are a complete product, samples should be taken as small as possible to meet the requirements of the appraisal to preserve the integrity of the furniture or wooden crafts. Aesthetics. It is usually sampled on the back or inner surface of the furniture, the base of wooden crafts, etc., and the size is 5mm Ã— 5mm Ã— 5mm.
3. Sampling of wood-based panels: According to the purpose of identification, if the panel material is identified, a 5 mm Ã— 5 mm specimen is cut on the panel. If the core material is identified, a 5 mm Ã— 5 mm Ã— 5 mm sample is cut into the core.
Extended reading: seven major processes in mahogany furniture production
The third step is to use the model specimen or the authoritative reference book correctly.
Pattern wood specimen
The so-called model wood specimen refers to the wood specimen approved by relevant experts. It is roughly divided into three categories: the first category is a specimen collected from a tree specimen collection process (flowers, fruits, leaves) and identified by a tree classification expert. Most of the wood specimens collected by the Wood Museum of the Chinese Academy of Forestry, the Forestry College of Guangxi University, the Nanjing Forestry University, the Beijing Forestry University, the Northeast Forestry University, and other forestry schools belong to such specimens. The second category is the standard sample approved by the standardization organization. For example, the National Standard Sample for Imported Wood of GSB-16-2140-2007 was developed by the Inspection and Quarantine Bureau of Zhangjiagang City, Jiangsu Province. The third category is timber specimens that have been imported and approved by relevant experts.
Authoritative reference book or reference material
At present, the most authoritative and applicable wood identification and identification tools in China are: "Chinese Wood Records" edited by Cheng Junqing, "Southeast Tropical Wood" edited by Liu Peng, "African Tropical Wood", and "The World's Major Tree Species" by Jiang Zehui, etc. Wood Science Characteristics; Xu Feng et al., Wood Identification Map, Tropical Tropical Subtropical Fine Wood Colors,
"1000 Structure Image Query System for Commercial Wood in China and Southeast Asia"; "Latin American Tropical Wood" edited by Jiang Xiaomei, and "World Trade Wood Primary Colors" edited by Fang Chongrong.
Wood species identification criteria
Wood identification standards refer to standards approved by the standardization organization. These standards not only have textual descriptions, but also wood structure pictures, especially wood microstructure pictures. The published standards are: GB/T18107-2000 mahogany; GSB-16-2141-2007 imported wood national standard sample; SN/T2026-2007 entry world the main timber species identification standard.
Find by wood category
Softwood: According to the resin road, the change of the early material to the late material, the number of rays, the cross-field pit, the thickening of the cell wall, etc., the most significant features are checked first, until the wood category or the wood name is detected. until.
Broad-leaved tree material: Firstly, according to the type of pipe hole, broad-leaf ring material, broad-leaf half-ring hole material, broad-leaf hole material, broad-leaf radiation hole material, broad-leaf horizontal hole material. Then according to the axial thin-walled tissue type, wood ray type, number of columns, tube hole inclusions, stacked structure, gum road and other characteristics. Check with the most notable features, until the wood category or wood species are detected. Finally, compare it with the model specimen until the wood type or tree species is identified.
Capacitive Touch Whiteboard
Guangzhou Ruixin Touch Control Technology Co., Ltd. , https://www.weetaach.com